It’s typical around this time of the year to think about all you may want to achieve with your health, your career, and even your relationships.
It is also common practice to start creating or putting out a list of resolutions and goals we want to tackle.
About 60% of people believe that setting goals give them a better chance of succeeding in whatever they put their hands in.
While some people may disagree with the above statement and say that setting goals and resolutions puts you under undue pressure which then leads to a state of depression, I believe that if you set the right goals the right way, you are en route to achieving the right results.
3 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD SET GOALS
- Goals motivate you when they are done right. They encourage you to step outside the box and do things that you would not do.
- Achievable Goals are easy to complete. When you set the right goals, you put yourself on the path that leads to attaining your desired results.
- Goals give you insight into the type of person you are.
Goals are exciting because they provide us with a clear vision for our lives and careers. They cause us to grow in new ways that we never we could. Goals make us change some things about ourselves for the better in order to achieve things we may have previously thought impossible. They lead us to change and to grow.
3 COMPONENTS OF POWERFUL GOALS
- Your Goals should be inspiring. They should feel you with positivity and hope when you think about them and shouldn’t be draining.
- Your Goals should be believable and realistic.
- You should be able to act on your goals right now.
A bonus tip to setting and smashing your goals is to tell someone who believes in you about them. They will hold you accountable to them and will regularly check-in to see how you are getting on.