The Pear body shape is characterised by having full hips or thighs, a defined waist and a small top with a small bust.
- A defined waist
- Shoulders that are narrower than your hips
- You have a small top half as well as small bust
You need to balance your top half with your lower half by wearing clothes that make your shoulders look broader.
- Wearing trousers with narrow legs, pleats or creases in your leg line.
- Wearing pinstripe suits, turn-ups in your trousers, wide or flared leg lines.
- Skirts and pants that are too tight and have a low waistline.
- Bottoms with embellishments and horizontal prints.
- Tops or jackets that finish on your hips
- Wear jackets and tops that finish either above or below the widest part of your hips and bottom
- Wear volume, clutter, pattern, colour on your top half, so that your hips and thighs will look narrower
- Wear fitted styles around your waist and always accentuate your waistline e.g. empire line, wraps, fitted lines
- Make your shoulders look broader with e.g. shoulder pads, puffed sleeves, cap sleeve t-shirts, boleros