The Inverted Triangle is usually characterized by having broader shoulders than hips and little definition between your waist and hips.
In order to balance out this shape, always wear clothes that make your hips or bottom half look wider or your top half smaller.
- Clothes that will make you look broader at the top as well as hide your silhouette.
- Boat or Bardot tops, big halter-neck tops and anything that will bring attention to your shoulders.
- Tops with vast amounts of trimmings
- Tops with thin shoulder straps.
- Puffy-sleeved shirts and blouse
- Pair your skinny, slim or straight jeans trousers with a peplum top.
- Wear tulle skirts, balloon dresses or skirts, and empire dresses with loads of volume,
- Make sure that your shirts/blouses/cardigans should be fitted with V- or U-neckline and a length that falls just below the hip bone.
- Straight cut coats that are gently tapered towards the hemline.